The Xpak is a library of graphics which you install on your system.
When the Xpak is activated, the Robo Runner game engine will use the graphics library directly from your computer, instead of from the EyePlay Games server.
The result is Xcelerated Robo Runner game play. StarShips load faster, programming goes quicker, and robot animation is smoother and more accurate. In addition, the robots are rendered at a higher resolution for greater detail.
Download and install an Xpak today, and start playing Robo Runner at Warp speed.
Robo Runner and Robo Runner Fusion
Your people are fighting an intergalactic war and you’re right in the middle of it. Only you’re not people… you’re a Fixer Class robot. Be the first bot to repair the hull of the Fleet’s battle scarred StarShips.
Download Version 7
- Download the Robo Runner Xpak. This Xpak contains the Robo Runner graphic library, as well as, Xpak Manager. You’ll need the Xpak Manager to activate/deactivate Xpaks.
- Extract the Xpak zip file into a directory on your hard drive, for example:
|MS Windows||C:\Program Files\EyePlay Games\|
|Mac OS X||/Applications/EyePlay Games/|
The extraction will create an Xpak subdirectory, install the Robo Runner library, and Xpak Manager.
- Download additional Xpaks, and extract them into your Xpak subdirectory.
- Open the Xpak_Manager.html file located in your Xpak subdirectory.
- Activate the Xpak of choice by pressing its corresponding button.
- Go to any of your Robo Runner games in “My Room” and have fun!
Mozilla/Firefox Setup Instructions
Mozilla/Firefox has a security feature which would need to be disabled for Xpak to work on your system.
Disable this feature at your own risk. I can’t speak for other sites, but I can guarantee that EyePlay Games will never attempt to exploit security holes on your system.
For Firefox 1.0.x or Mozilla 1.7.x (and older):
- type “about:config” in the location bar
- search for “security.checkloaduri” in the entry list
- double click it to toggle its value to “false”
For Firefox 1.5 or Mozilla 1.8 and newer add the following lines to your user.js (if user.js does not exist in the same path as prefs.js, just create it):
- user_pref(“capability.policy.policynames”, “localfilelinks”);
- user_pref(“capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites”, “http://www.eyeplaygames.com”);
- user_pref(“capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled”, “allAccess”);
- Then, restart your browser.
You can then use your browser to open the “Xpak_Manager.html” file in your Xpak directory and activate your Xpak.
How do I verify Xpak is working?
When you use the Xpak Manager to activate an Xpak, you will see a green “Online” indicator when it’s working, and a red “Offline” indicator when it’s not.
Can I deactivate Xpak?
Yes. Go to your Xpak Manager, and press the “Deactivate Xpak” link in the Navbar. You will see a red “Offline” indicator. This will cause game images to be loaded from the EyePlay server, instead of from your computer.
Yes. Make sure cookies are enabled for your browser prior to activation.
Does Xpak work with Mac OS X, Unix, and Linux?
How come images do not appear in my game sessions?
Xpak was not installed properly. Make sure cookies are enabled for your browser, then activate the Xpak again and refresh your browser. If this doesn’t work, you can deactivate your Xpak.
How come some images appear, and some are blank?
There seems to be a bug with some versions of Internet Explorer, which sometimes gets local image retrieval wrong. To fix the display problem, right click the image and select “Show Picture” from the menu.